EVO Oil Le Corti
14,90€ – 17,90€
Available starting November 1st 2020
Notes about the oil
Villa Le Corti grows over 13,000 olive trees on about 63 hectares of land. The prevalent variety is Frantoio along with Moraiolo and Leccino. The olives are completely cultivated and harvested by hand in the farm’s modern-equipped olive mill to guarantee maximum quality. After the manual harvest, pressing is carried out within 6 hours.
The extra virgin olive oil has an intensely fruity aroma and a full, lightly spicy flavor with notes of almond and cardoon. It is a one-of-a-kind olive oil. Produced since October ’16, the oil is conserved in ancient terracotta vessels called orci in one of the oldest and largest orciaie, traditional olive oil storage areas, in Chianti Classico territory. The oil production of Villa Le Corti includes two products: an Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a DOP “Chianti Classico”, a certified organic extra virgin olive oil.
The olives are processed in our Estate owned olive mill within 12 hours of harvest at controlled temperature below 26° C. Once extracted, the oil is filtered and stored in the absence of air. The olive mill is set- up as follows:
- Washing: in spring water with the leaves being suctioned prior to pressing;
- Pressing: in a slow rotation hammer mill;
- Kneading: varies according to the variety and ripening stage of the olives, with the utmost respect for the characteristics. The kneading tanks are closed to limit oxidation;
- Extraction: with a three-way decanter whose nominal capacity is 12 quintals per hour.
- Separation: carried out using a self-cleaning centrifugal separator.
Short time between harvest and pressing, process speed and low temperature allowed to obtain a fragrant, fresh and dry oil with notes of fresh grass and artichoke.